- State of the Vintage Address: A Review of 2012-2014 Vintages
- Napa Valley storms Burgundy and Bordeaux
- 2012 Vintage is Tasting Great
- A Magnanimous Affair: Tasting Notes from a 20-year VIADER Vertical
- Viader Cellar Update; 2013 Wine into Barrels
- Pre Thanksgiving Pairing of Viader Wines
- Harvest 2013 at Viader: Alan Viader Gives the Story
- Night Harvest at VIADER
- California Cab & Swiss Turkey in November
- 2013 Harvest Progress at Viader
This past weekend on June 15, 2013, we were 2,000 feet above the Napa Valley at Summit Lake Vineyards & Winery (2000 Summit Lake Dr Angwin, CA) on Howell Mountain to celebrate the wonderful Napa Valley Grapegrowers and their guest bidders from their annual fundraiser STOMP, which occurs later this summer. The special mountainside property really came alive for an evening under the stars in perfect weather. It was quite a family affair for us, with Janet pouring an array of Viader wines, from the velvety soft 2011 DARE Cabernet Franc to the mighty Magnum of 2008 VIADER Proprietary Red Blend (Comprised of 69% Cabernet Sauvignon & 31% Cabernet Franc).
Other family members playing a key role this evening included our amazing Mariela Viader, who catered the farm-to-table dinner for almost 200 guests as hubbie Alan manned the BBQ. He spent over 24 hours roasting two 60-pound pigs and another 60 pounds of various pork shoulders to pair with the different Napa Valley wines and side dishes. Mariela prepared a plate of roasted seasonal vegetables, a wonderful heirloom tomato salad and homemade cornbread. The meal was remarkable and as the sun disappeared behind the mountains, guests helped themselves to roast-your-own marshmallow campfire s’mores while others danced salsa under a disco ball. We enjoy being involved in community events such as this, sharing great food and wine from our family to yours! Thanks to the Napa Valley Grapegrowersfor organizing such an amazing evening.
Please take a look at our photos to get a glimpse of the festivities!