- State of the Vintage Address: A Review of 2012-2014 Vintages
- Napa Valley storms Burgundy and Bordeaux
- 2012 Vintage is Tasting Great
- A Magnanimous Affair: Tasting Notes from a 20-year VIADER Vertical
- Viader Cellar Update; 2013 Wine into Barrels
- Pre Thanksgiving Pairing of Viader Wines
- Harvest 2013 at Viader: Alan Viader Gives the Story
- Night Harvest at VIADER
- California Cab & Swiss Turkey in November
- 2013 Harvest Progress at Viader
howell mountian wines
Delia had a whirlwind trip to London earlier this month, stopping to pour at a wine dinner at Ransome’s Dock on the first night where she served as the Vintner Lead among the other Napa Valley Vintners, such as Shafer Vineyards. This was the most successful and interesting dinner on the trip, where she was delighted to pour a vertical from the 2002, 2005, and 2008 vintages of VIADER Proprietary Red Blend. Special guest and renowned author Jancis Robinson was so impressed with the presentation of the 2002 she made a beeline for Delia after the dinner for another taste!
The next day, Delia was off to The Jugged Hair for a winemaker lunch hosted by Graham Holter, Publisher & Founder of The Wine Merchant. The crowd very much enjoyed tasting the Viader wines and the food was scrumptious.
And if that weren’t enough hosting and socializing (all while experiencing jet lag), later that evening, Delia poured one more time for the crowds at Theatre of Wine, a small wine retailer owned by Daniel Ilsley in Tufnell Park London. The response by the British community was astounding and the discussions about American vs. French Oak were fascinating. A globetrotter for most of her life, and fluent in six languages, Delia feels right at home in Europe. It was a wildly successful visit.
Please share the post with your wine friends and be sure to pay Viader a visit next time you’re in the area. We’d love to show you around the winery and vineyards.