- State of the Vintage Address: A Review of 2012-2014 Vintages
- Napa Valley storms Burgundy and Bordeaux
- 2012 Vintage is Tasting Great
- A Magnanimous Affair: Tasting Notes from a 20-year VIADER Vertical
- Viader Cellar Update; 2013 Wine into Barrels
- Pre Thanksgiving Pairing of Viader Wines
- Harvest 2013 at Viader: Alan Viader Gives the Story
- Night Harvest at VIADER
- California Cab & Swiss Turkey in November
- 2013 Harvest Progress at Viader
This is an important and extremely aromatic time for us in caves. The wines have long since finished primary fermentation and we then keep several lots in tank for an extended maceration period. We then move the wine from tank to barrel and use a basket press at the very end to extract all the wine from the grape must. The grape must (pomace) that is leftover in the basket press is then take to be composted and later reapplied on the soils of our vineyard. It’s full circle and it’s part of what makes our wines excel year after year.
This is just a quick update on the progress in the cellar as our winemaker Alan keeps busy after the harvest. We hope you had a chance to see our recent blog posts this season on how the 2013 harvest went and also on a few fabulous recipes and wine pairings. We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you’re stocking up on Viader wines for the upcoming holiday season.